1. We didn't want to get in trouble, _____ we parked in the lot around the corner.
2. "Are you and Richard in the same apartment building?" "No, we _____."
3. Your sister is studying hard to be _____.
C. a writer
4. If you _____ faster, we could have turned in the project before the deadline.
B. had worked
C. have worked
5. She has computer class _____ noon.
6. My family and I _____ through the desert on our last vacation.
7. _____ time do you spend on your homework every day?
A. How much
B. How well
C. How often
D. How long
8. "What programs _____?" "He mostly uses Microsoft Word and Excel."
A. is he using
B. does he use
C. he used
D. he use
9. Since they changed jobs, their life _____ been much easier.
10. Would anybody care for _____ drink before dinner?
A. the others
11. Their new neighbor _____ blond hair and blue eyes.
A. is having
12. "Is that Martin's new car?" "Yes, it's _____."
13. She _____ everywhere for her favorite perfume. So far she hasn't found it.
A. has looked
C. been looking
14. "You really _____ go to Cairo. You can see the Pyramids and the National Museum."
15. "What television shows did you watch when you were a child?" "I _____ watch comedies".
C. used to
16. My _____ usually goes to the office on foot.
A. best friend
B. best friends
C. best friend she
D. best friend is
17. If we _____ some more money, we could go away this weekend.
A. are having
D. would have
18. We went to the doctor _____ she couldn't seem to get rid of her cold.
19. The secretary asked me _____ I wanted to meet with.
20. If you feel full, don't _____ any more of that pizza.
21. I had _____ soup and a sandwich for lunch.
A. a few
B. a lot of
22. "I forgot my keys on the desk. _____ giving me a lift home?"
A. Could you
B. Can you
C. Will you
D. Would you mind
23. My classmates and I enjoy doing similar things. _____ favorite activity is going cycling.
24. Amy lives in Thailand now. She _____ at a large university there.
C. is teaching
25. She always gets good evaluations. She must be _____ employee in the company.
A. the most valuable
B. more valuable
C. the valuable
26. Has he ever _____ to swim?
27. When I last saw them, my sisters were on their way _____ the mall.
28. I want to send the Smiths an email. Do you have _____ email address?
29. The movie was over before we had time _____ the plot.
A. for understand
B. to understand
30. _____ were big parades in front of the university campus.
31. My teacher was living in Dubai when she _____ her future husband.
A. will meet
C. was meeting
32. That student passed her oral exams _____ speaking English at every opportunity.
33. Before _____ a decision on what to order, John asked the waiter for his recommendation.
A. he make
D. being made
34. There isn't _____ milk left. I need to go out and get some.
35. You can fly from here _____ Paris in under 5 hours.
36. Norm showed me his vacation photos _____ he visited my house for lunch.
37. If you don't slow down, you _____ have a heart attack.
38. The project was _____ complicated than they had expected.
39. My father is a surgeon. _____ works in a hospital.
40. If you _____ eating so much junk food, you'll lose weight.
C. might stop
D. are stopping